DAB Booster Silent 5M
- Max. pump capacity 5,200 l/h
- Max. delivery head 57 m / Pressure 5.7 bar
- Number of sprinklers / water points used at the same time: 5+
- Dry-running resistant
- Switches on/off automatically
- Built-in pump control
- Can run continuously
- Resistant to limescale and rust
- High operational reliability
- Small tank with limited water storage
The DAB Booster Silent water pressure boosting pump is suitable for increasing pressure in your water pipes, for supplying water (e.g. rainwater for the toilet or cleaning), or for using water from wells and tanks for irrigation purposes. The 5.7-bar 5M version is the most common model for any household.
The pump's main feature is that it is so quiet (67 dB). Thanks to its 2-litre water reservoir, the pump does not constantly switch on/off if water is required. which greatly reduces energy consumption.
The pump is fitted with an electronic control feature, by means of which possible faults in your water circuit are indicated clearly, as well as with a dry-running protection system and a non-return valve.
- Provides sufficient pressure and capacity for about five sprinklers
- The hose that can be used for this pump has a diameter of 1" for the delivery connection and 1" for the suction connection
- Draws water from a maximum depth of 8 metres
- The maximum delivery head is 57 metres, which equals 5.7 bar output
Contents of the kit
- DAB Booster Silent 5M Booster Pump
- 57 metres
- 55 metres
- 100 l/h
- 50 metres
- 750 l/h
- 45 metres
- 1,500 l/h
- 40 metres
- 2,100 l/h
- 35 metres
- 2,600 l/h
- 30 metres
- 3,100 l/h
- 25 metres
- 3,500 l/h
- 20 metres
- 4,000 l/h
- 15 metres
- 4,400 l/h
- 10 metres
- 4,750 l/h
- 5 metres
- 5,200 l/h
- 0 metres
- 5,200 l/h
- DAB Booster Silent 5M including a 2-litre water tank
|Warranty||2 year warranty|
|Material||Synthetic pump body, stainless steel pressure vessel|
|Dimensions (l x w x h)||45,5 x 28 x 33 cm|
|Power consumption||1000 Watt|
|Max. temperature of liquid||35°C|
|Cable length||1,8 metres|
|Pump type||Booster pump|
|Applications||Garden irrigation, Increase water pressure in the house / apartment, Rainwater use within / around the house, Water supply for cattle|
|Max. pump capacity||5,200 l/h|
|Max. delivery head||57 m / Pressure 5.7 bar|
|Max. suction depth||7 metres|
|Suitable for prolonged use (> 3 hours)|
|Automatic on/off switch|
|Dry run protection|
Types of water this pump is able to process
|Rainwater||- in the presence of sand/grit i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Groundwater||- in the presence of sand/grit i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Slightly dirty water||- i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Canal water||- i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Lake water||- i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|River water||- i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Ditchwater||- i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Pond water||- i.c.w. 5' Filter for solids|
|Faecal matter / manure pit|
PriceMax. pump capacityMax. delivery headSolid particlesNumber of sprinklers / water points used at the same time
Current productDAB Booster Silent 5MRegular Price £549.00 Discount Price £485.945,200 l/h57 m / Pressure 5.7 bar2 mm5+
Regular Price £399.00 Discount Price £332.005,200 l/h37 m / Pressure 3.7 bar2 mm5+
Regular Price £999.00 Discount Price £750.007,200 l/h65 m / Pressure 6.5 bar (adjustable)2 mm5+
Regular Price £499.00 Discount Price £448.505,200 l/h47 m / Pressure 3.7 bar2 mm5+
Frequently asked questions
- What is the advantage of a booster pump versus a garden pump?
- What can I use this pump for?
- Can this pump be connected to the existing mains water pipes in my house?
- What kind of water can I pump with this model?
- Is the pump suitable for continuous operation?
- Is it advisable to use a pre-filter?
- How should the pump be installed?
- The water to be drawn in by the pump is situated at a level lower than nine metres. How do I handle this?
- What happens if the water from the source is finished?
- Is the pump suitable for a drinking-water system?
- Is the pump supplied ready to use?
- What items does this kit include?
What is the advantage of a booster pump versus a garden pump?
A booster pump is essentially a garden pump with a number of extra components, such as:
- An integrated pressure switch, which ensures that this pump switches on and off automatically if water supply is needed.
- A pressure vessel (water tank), which ensures that you instantly have water at your disposal, and the pump does not need to switch until the water in the pressure vessel starts to run low.
As a result, the booster pump does not need to switch on if only small amounts of water (a few litres) are needed.
First the water from the pressure vessel is used and supplied where it is required.
As soon as the water level in the pressure vessel is about to drop too low, the pump switches on automatically to refill it.
In addition to saving energy, the system runs much more quietly, and ensures that you always have water instantly at your disposal.
What can I use this pump for?
This pump is suitable for the following purposes:
- Watering, spraying, and irrigating a garden or lawn
- Hosing down a terrace, decking or garden furniture
- Supplying water/rainwater for your washing machine, toilet, sink, shower, etc.
- Increasing pressure in your water pipes
Can this pump be connected to the existing mains water pipes in my house?
Yes, this pump can easily be connected to the existing mains water pipes in your house.
What kind of water can I pump with this model?
The DAB Booster Silent 5M is only suitable to pump clean water, i.e. water that is free from very large solid particles (< 2 mm).
This means that you can also pump water from a canal or ditch, but subject to certain conditions:
- We recommend making use of a suction hose with a brass connection (better filtration).
- We recommend making use of a pre-filter (this allows for extra filtering before the water enters the pump).
In addition, the water should not be colder than 0°C and not warmer than 35°C.
Is the pump suitable for continuous operation?
Yes, this pump is perfect for continuous operation.
Is it advisable to use a pre-filter?
If the water is virtually the same as drinking water, no pre-filter is needed.
However, if the water pumped contains solids - for example, water from a ditch or canal - we recommend using a pre-filter.
How should the pump be installed?
The pump and the entire connected system need to be protected against frost and inclement weather conditions.
Therefore, place the pump in a dry location with an ambient temperature from 5°C to 40°C, to allow the motor to cool sufficiently.
Furthermore, all connected pipes must be absolutely watertight and airtight to prevent damage and loss of performance.
The water to be drawn in by the pump is situated at a level lower than nine metres. How do I handle this?
Generally, garden pumps and booster pumps can draw in water from a maximum depth of nine metres.
If the water is occasionally at a depth lower than nine metres, you will need to use a borehole pump, which is placed in the well and usually has a delivery head of 50 metres and over.
Check our range of borehole pumps.
What happens if the water from the source is finished?
This is a water-cooled model pump, which means that it cools itself with the water it pumps.
When the water from the source is finished - for example, if the water level has dropped below nine metres - the pump will normally keep running with no water supply.
This is referred to as 'dry running' and may cause the pump to become overheated, which could ruin it.
However, the pump is fitted with an integrated dry-running protection system, which protects the pump immediately from running dry.
The DAB Booster Silent 5M switches off automatically when no water can be supplied.
Is the pump suitable for a drinking-water system?
Yes, this pump is suitable for a drinking-water system.
Is the pump supplied ready to use?
Yes, you can start using the pump immediately, but it is not supplied with accessories such as a suction hose, a filter, and a discharge hose.
If needed, these can be ordered conveniently from our webshop together with your pump.
Click here for available accessories for the DAB Booster Silent 5M..
What items does this kit include?
- DAB Booster Silent 5M, including a 2-litre water tank