Tallas D-DW 400
- Max. pump capacity 8,400 litres per hour
- Max. delivery head 7 metres
- Solid particles 30 mm
- Ideal dirty water pump for around the house
- Very good value for money
- Automatically switches on and off
- The float switch floats freely, so may get stuck behind something
The Tallas D-DW 400 is a high-quality, light but durable waste water submersible pump. The pump is both suitable for occasional use or for fixed placement in a basement, well or other area where clean or waste water must be automatically removed. The pump is very compact and can therefore be placed in small spaces (approx. 28 cm).
The Tallas D-DW 400 also allows you to adjust the culvert on the pump grid. As a result, you can use the pump for just clean water or a combination of clean and waste water. Adjusting the culvert affects the remaining water level once the pump shuts down. The smaller the culvert on the pump grid, the less remaining water in the room.
You can set the pump to automatically turn on at different water levels. The separate float switch cable can be attached at two places on the pump, allowing you to easily determine the level at which the pump powers on. Moreover, the pump's lever can be folded in and out as desired.
- The pump outlet is 1.25".
- The maximum submersion depth of the pump is 7 metres
- The maximum head rate is 7 metres
This pump has a float switch, which means it automatically switches on and off based on the water level.
- Switches on automatically when the water reaches 28 cm
- Switches off automatically when the water reaches 10-15 cm
- On manual mode (when the float switch is fixed/held), this pump will pump the water to 5 cm
Are you looking for a pump that leaves less water / switches on automatically sooner? In that case, you should choose a submersible utility pump.
- Tallas D-DW 400
- 10m connection cable
- 90 degree elbow fitting and manual
|Warranty||2 year warranty|
|Dimensions (l x w x h)||20,5 x 15 x 28,1 cm|
|Minimum room dimensions||28 cm|
|Power consumption||440 Watt|
|Max. temperature of liquid||40°C|
|Cable length||10 metres|
|Pump type||Submersible pump|
|Applications||Drain a construction site, Drain a sump pit / tank / rain barrel, Drain flooded land|
|Max. pump capacity||8,400 litres per hour|
|Max. delivery head||7 metres|
|Max. submersion depth||7 metres|
|Solid particles||30 mm|
|Switch level||On: 28 cm | Off: 10-15 cm|
|On manual mode, pumps down to||5 cm (when the float switch is fixed/held)|
|Automatic on/off switch (float)|
Types of water this pump is able to process
|Slightly dirty water|
|Faecal matter / manure pit|
PriceMax. pump capacityMax. delivery headSolid particles
Current productTallas D-DW 400Regular Price £85.00 Discount Price £56.008,400 litres per hour7 metres30 mm
Regular Price £239.00 Discount Price £150.0015,000 l/h9 m25 mm
£169.0024,000 l/h9 m35 mm
Regular Price £119.00 Discount Price £99.0018,000 l/h8 m30 mm
Regular Price £447.00 Discount Price £379.0023,400 litres per hour11,9 metres38 mm
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does a float switch do and how does it benefit me?
- If I use the float switch, at what water level will the pump automatically power on and off?
- In what situations can I use this pump?
- Can this pump be placed in small spaces?
- Is the pump delivered ready for use?
- Which items are included in the package?
What does a float switch do and how does it benefit me?
A float switch ensures that your pump automatically turns on or off at a certain water level. This is very convenient if you wish to use the pump in rooms that are regularly submerged. After all, when using a float switch, you won't have to manually turn the pump on or off every time there is water in the room. Moreover, the pump is also equipped with a float switch, which means it can be set to both automatic and manual operation modes.
If I use the float switch, at what water level will the pump automatically turn on and off?
You are completely free in deciding when the pump automatically turns on or off by fixing the float switch to a specific height on the pump. The minimum power on level is around 280 mm. The pump will automatically power off at a water level of 100 to 150 mm. In order to ensure that the room doesn't maintain a water level of 100 to 150 mm once the pump powers off, the pump is often placed in a small pit. This pit ensures that the pump is placed at a slightly deeper position in the room, ensuring continued pumping until a water level of 100 to 150 mm is reached in the pit. In this way, the rest of the room will be pumped dry and there will only be some remaining water in the pit.
In what situations can I use this pump?
You can use the pump in the following situations:
- The draining of your basement and/or crawl space
- As a permanent setup to automatically drain your basement/crawl space once a specific water level is reached
- The draining of your basin
- The draining of your pool
- The draining of your pond or ditch
- The draining of a construction well and other wastewater wells
Can this pump be placed in small spaces?This pump requires a space with a minimal diameter of 28 centimetres. As a result, this submersible pump can be placed in almost any space.
Is the pump delivered ready for use?Yes, this pump is supplied with all components required for direct use. The drain hose (which you can order from us) is equipped with the appropriate couplings that can be screwed onto the pump.
Which items are included in the package?
- Tallas D-DW 400
- Cable connection (10 metres)
- 90 degree elbow fitting