Description of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
The DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1 is a pump control system that automatically turns your pump on and off on the basis of water requirements. If you open a supply point (e.g. a tap), this system will ensure the pump automatically turns on, providing a direct supply of water. Naturally, when you close the supply point, the system will ensure your pump turns off again.
Why is the price of the DAB Active Driver Plus higher than that of a DAB Presscontrol or the Electronic Control System?
The difference in price is due to the difference in mechanisms. Whereas the DAB Presscontrol and Electronic Control System merely enable the pump to automatically turn on and off on the basis of water requirements, the DAB Active Driver Plus goes one step further: this system can control the pump's speed. The latter is also referred to as an inverter.
Why would I choose an inverter like the DAB Active Driver Plus?
- Highly energy saving: The DAB Active Driver Plus ensures that the pump only runs at the speed required for pumping the right amount of water from A to B under the right amount of pressure. A lower speed means a lower wattage.
- Longer life span of the pump: The DAB Active Driver Plus enables the pump to gradually adjust its speed (up or down). As a result, your pump will not 'stutter' when turning on or off. Moreover, the pump will only run at the required speed, which is beneficial for the motor.
- Highly suitable for pumping varying amounts of water: If you want to use the DAB Active Driver Plus to increase the pressure in your home or for controlling multiple water-consuming groups (i.e. irrigation setups) you will need to pump varying amounts of water. A conventional pump will run at full speed for any amount of water consumption, which is definitely not needed. If the pump is unable to dispose of its water, the pump will continue running in its own water, causing overheating. The DAB Active Driver Plus is fully configurable, allowing you to set the right capacity and pressure for every group.
- Dry-running protection: The DAB Active Driver Plus ensures that the pump automatically switches off when there is no longer a water supply. If a pump continues to run even though there is no water, it is referred to as dry-running. When a pump runs dry, the temperatures in the pump can exceed 100°C, with disastrous consequences. The DAB Active Driver Plus protects your pumps against this very risk. Moreover, the DAB Active Driver Plus ensures that the pump will switch on again after several minutes to check whether there is a new supply of water. If not, the dry-running protection will be re-initiated.
The DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1 is intended for use with most common pumps. There are also the Active Drivers available for heavier/industrial pumps.
Specifications of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
- 1 kg
- 230 Volt
- DAB does not supply connection cables with the DAB Active Driver
Versions of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
Is this model too weak or too strong? Choose another model from the same series below.
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1||£599.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.5||£879.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.8||£999.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/T 1.0||£869.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/T 2.2||£1,099.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus T/T 3.0||£1,569.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus T/T 5.5||£1,899.00|
Reviews of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
Very satisfiedI installed the Active Driver on my DAB Euroinox pump. I previously used this pump to water my garden. However, to save water, our toilets and sinks are now supplied with groundwater. This required a system that could handle both situations and allowed me to automatically turn the pump on and off. I was always told the DAB Presscontrol was a suitable device, however I had the feeling that this device would cause 'hammer' in the pump when switching it on and off and therefore greatly affect the pump's life span. After long deliberation, I opted for the Active Driver. Connecting the device went very smoothly. Both connecting and using the pump were a piece of cake. The device came without cables, but that was indicated on the product page. I only had to connect the pump connection cable to the device and run a power cable from the device to the power outlet. This may sound harder than it actually is. We've noticed that the pump almost never runs at full speed now, which will definitely be reflected in our energy bill. All in all, a great device and we hope to be using it for many years to come!