Description of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
- Protects your pump from running dry (with auto restart)
- Switches the pump on/off when one or more taps are opened/closed (energy efficient)
- Adjustable switch-on/switch-off pressure
- Very energy-efficient operation for your pump
- Easy to screw on the pump outlet
The DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1 is a control system that ensures your pump switches on and off automatically depending on water requirement. When a draw-off point is opened (e.g. a tap), the system ensures that the pump switches on automatically to provide you with water immediately, and off when the draw-off point is closed again.
Why does the DAB Active Driver Plus cost more than a DAB Control-D / Presscontrol or the Electronic Control System?
The difference in price is due to the fact that the system has a different mechanism. Whereas the DAB Presscontrol and the Electronic Control System ensure that the pump switches on and off automatically depending on water requirement, the DAB Active Driver Plus takes things a step further. The system also controls the pump's RPM, which is called a speed controller.
Why would I opt for a frequency regulator like the DAB Active Driver Plus?
- Highly energy-saving: The DAB Active Driver Plus ensures that the pump runs only at the RPM required to pump the right amount of water, under the right pressure, from A to B. A lower rotational speed means lower wattage.
- Longer life span of the pump: The DAB Active Driver Plus ensures that the pump gradually speeds up and slows down. This prevents damage by water hammer in the water pipes when the pump switches on and off, which is better for it. In addition, the pump only runs the required RPM, which is beneficial for the motor.
- Extremely suitable for varying water supply: If you want to use the DAB Active Driver Plus to increase the indoor water pressure or to control different water-consuming groups (e.g. an irrigation system), you will deal with varying amounts of water supply. A conventional pump will run at full capacity for each amount of water required, even though that capacity is not actually needed. If the pump is unable to discharge its water, it will continue running in its own water, which may cause it to overheat. The DAB Active Driver Plus is fully customisable, allowing you to set the capacity and pressure for each individual group.
- Dry-running protection: The DAB Active Driver Plus ensures that the pump switches off automatically when the water supply has stopped. When the pump continues to run in the absence of a water supply, this is referred to as dry running. If this happens, the pump's inner temperature may increase to over 100°C, with all the potential problems this entails. The DAB Active Driver Plus protects your pump against this, and also ensures that the pump is switched on after several minutes, to check whether there is water again. If there is not, the dry-running protection will be reactivated.
The DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.8 is suitable for most regular pump models. In addition, the following Active Drivers are available for heavier/industrial pumps:
- DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1 (for single-phase pumps up to 1.1 kW)
- DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.5 (for single-phase pumps up to 1.5 kW)
- DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.8 (for single-phase pumps up to 1.8 kW)
- DAB Active Driver Plus M/T 1.0 (for three-phase pumps up to 1.0 kW, single-phase in)
- DAB Active Driver Plus M/T 2.2 (for three-phase pumps up to 2.2 kW, single-phase in)
- DAB Active Driver Plus T/T 3.0 (for three-phase pumps up to 3.0 kW)
- DAB Active Driver Plus T/T 5.5 (for three-phase pumps up to 5.5 kW)
Connecting the DAB Active Driver to a pump
The DAB Active Driver should at all times be installed 'on dry land', which means not in but outside the water. However, it should be placed between the pipes. The water runs through the DAB Active Driver.
The electronic connection of the DAB Active Driver should be done in the following sequence:
- Upper connection: from the pump to the DAB Active Driver
- Lower connection: from the DAB Active Driver to the socket
Connecting to a DAB S4 KIT Borehole Pump (with Control Box):
- Connect the four pump wires in the Control Box
- Upper connection: cut the plug from the Control Box output cable, and connect the wires to the lower connection of the DAB Active Driver
The connection in the DAB Active Driver
Specifications of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
- 2 year warranty
- 1 kg
- DAB does not supply any connection cables with the DAB Active Driver
Versions of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
Is this model too weak or too strong? Choose another model from the same series below.
|Product||Pump capacity||Head rate||Price|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1||£599.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.5||£879.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.8||£999.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/T 1.0||£869.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus M/T 2.2||£1,099.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus T/T 3.0||£1,569.00|
|DAB Active Driver Plus T/T 5.5||£1,899.00|
Reviews of the DAB Active Driver Plus M/M 1.1
Very pleasedI have installed the Active driver on my DAB Euroinox pump. I used to use this pump for spraying the garden, but in order to save water, our toilets and washbasins are now supplied with groundwater. For this purpose, I needed a system that ensured that I could control both situations, and that the pump would switch on and off automatically.
The Dab presscontrol might be suitable, but I felt that the 'bangs' inside the pump each time it is switched on and off would be undesirable and eventually reduce its lifespan considerably. After much consideration, I decided to go for this system (the Activedriver).
Connecting it went well, for which you also need to be a bit handy. Actually, the same applies when you start using a pump. If you can get it going, connecting the active driver shouldn't be a problem at all. It was supplied without cables, which had been indicated beforehand. Just a matter of attaching the pump's connection cable to this device, and extending a power cord from this device to the socket. It looks harder than it actually is.
We have observed that this pump hardly ever runs at full RPM, which we are bound to notice on our energy bill. All in all, a great device. We hope to enjoy using it for many years to come!