Description of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
The DAB Feka pump is extremely durable and reliable. Opt for this pump in the event of frequent, long-term and heavy work.
- Pump capacity 15,000 l/h
- Delivery head 9 m
- Solids up to 25 mm
- Unique: lightweight submersible dirty water pump; also resistant to faecal matter
Pros and cons
- One of the best dirty water pumps on the market
- Very robust and reliable
- Very high quality
- Resistant to faecal matter
- Ideal in most situations
- Switches on/off automatically
- Has a reliable float switch
- Space needed for the float
The DAB FEKA 600 M-A submersible pump is suitable for draining dirty water that contains solids up to 25 mm. It is an automatic pump with a float switch and can therefore also be used in a permanent setup. For example, this device is highly suitable for draining sump pits, sewage water, and ditch water.
This pump is fitted with a float switch, which means that it switches on/off automatically based on the water level.
- Switches on automatically at a water level of 39 cm
- Switches off automatically at a water level of 19 cm
- In manual mode (fastening/raising the float), this pump drains water to a level of 5 cm.
If you are looking for a pump that leaves less water/switches on automatically sooner, you can opt for a submersible puddle pump.
Types of water this product can pump
Similar products of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
Specifications of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
- DAB Feka 600 M-A
- 90-degree elbow fitting
- 2 year warranty
- Motor, rotor shaft, and screws made of stainless steel. Triple sealing in oil bath. Technopolymer pump body.
- 7 kg
- 18,9 x 30,3 x 36,5 cm
- 230 Volt
- 500 Watt
- Submersible pump
- Drain a construction site, Drain a septic tank, Drain a sump pit / tank / rain barrel, Drain flooded land
- 15,000 l/h
- 9 m
- 25 mm
Types of water this product can pump
Versions of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
Accessories of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
Reviews of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
Waste water pumpExcellent, durable waste water pump with a half continuous connection in my basement well. Works very well in a well setup!
Great qualityI mainly use this pump to drain rainwater mixed with sand from the sump pit of an underground garage. This pump works great and the float switches effortlessly. When you hold the pump, you immediately notice it is of a great quality. My previous one eventually stopped switching smoothly, and the float got constantly stuck when the sump pit was empty. So far this hasn't happened with this model. I hope to enjoy using it for a very long time.
Emptying a septic tankGreat device to empty a sceptic tank.
After some hesitation and orientation, I finally decided to go for the Dab feka instead of the Maxima pump. There is a price difference, but several parties convinced me regarding the quality of the DAB. When you unbox and start using it, you know instantly what quality means. I'm glad I got this model.
Faecal matterWe're using this pump at our farm in a trench with contaminated water. We bought this pump because it's the only one that can handle faecal matter. Despite the fact that we need to clean it occasionally because it gets clogged up with large solids, we are pleased compared with the old situation.
QualityIf you are looking for quality, then get a DAB and no other rubbish. I tried several other brands, but I vouch for this model! I've used it for seven years on a daily basis, and have nothing but praise.
Frequently asked questions of the DAB FEKA 600 M-A
Frequently asked questions
- How does a float work and what can I do with it?
- At what water level does the pump switch on/off automatically when the float is used?
- In what situations can I use this pump?
- What is the difference between the Maxima 18000, the DAB NOVA 300 M-A, and the DAB FEKA 600 M-A?
- Can this pump be set up in small spaces?
- Is the pump supplied ready for use?
- What items does this kit include?
How does a float work and what can I do with it?
A float ensures that your pump switches on and off automatically at a certain water level.
This is very practical if you want to use the pump in frequently flooded spaces, because with a float the pump does not need to be switched on and off each time the space is flooded.
If you want to use the pump manually, the float should be raised or fastened with a piece of rope or tape.
At what water level does the pump switch on/off automatically when the float is used?
This submersible pump switches on automatically at a water level of 390 mm and off at a water level of 190 mm.
To ensure that the entire space does not maintain a water level of 190 mm after the pump automatically switches off, the device is often placed in a sump pit.
This ensures that the pump is situated lower in the space, so that the device continues pumping until a water level of 190 mm has been reached in the sump pit.
In this way, the rest of the space is pumped practically dry, with only some water left in the pit.
In what situations can I use this pump?
This pump is suitable in the following situations:
- for draining a cellar and/or crawl space;
- in a permanent setup, for example, to automatically drain a cellar/crawl space once the water level has been reached;
- for draining a basin
- for draining a swimming pool
- for draining a pond or ditch
- for draining a construction pit and other wastewater sources
- for draining a manure pit or sewer
What is the difference between the Maxima 18000, the DAB NOVA 300 M-A, and the DAB FEKA 600 M-A?
- The Maxima 18000 is a starter model for pumping dirty water that can be used in almost any situation involving wastewater. This pump is also available with a higher pump capacity: namely, the Maxima 24000, which can process 24,000 litres per hour.
- The DAB NOVA 300 M-A is a dirty water pump suitable for processing water that contains slightly smaller solids (up to 10 mm). As a result, this pump can be particularly useful for flooded cellars/crawl spaces that contain just a little more sand or gravel.
- Of all four models, the DAB FEKA 600 M-A is the most advanced and robust dirty water pump. Owing to its robustness and internal technology, this submersible pump can be used, for example, as a faecal pump in a manure pit or sewer system.
Can this pump be set up in small spaces?
This pump requires a space with a minimum diameter of 19 centimetres. However, if you want the pump to operate automatically, the float arm needs to be able to move freely. In that case, the pump would require a space measuring 31 centimetres.
Is the pump supplied ready for use?
Yes, this pump is supplied with every component needed for immediate use.
What items does this kit include?
- DAB FEKA 600 M-A
- 90-degree elbow fitting